Department committed to the development, integration and implementation of different technologies for non-invasive measurement in real time.
The R&D department was formally conceived in early 2007 as a continuation of the development and innovation policies that Hitec has implemented since its foundation over 20 years ago. Since its inception, the department has been devoted to basic and applied research on various topics of industrial interest using advanced technology tools, and to the generation of strong ties with renowned institutions dedicated to research belonging to the industrial and academic worlds.
Currently, the department is mainly focused on the development and implementation of different technologies for non-invasive measurement in real time.
The R&D department works aimed to pursue the following mission:
- Creating new products in response to our customers’ needs.
- Generating innovative technical capabilities to improve the existing measuring and monitoring methods of quality parameters of production processes.
- Collaborating with various internal departments in the development of tools to provide the best solution to our customers’ problems.
- Promoting knowledge and technology transfer by engaging with companies and academic institutions.
Main lines of research
VIS/NIR Spectroscopy: On-line and in-line measurement for different variables (moisture, proteins, particle size, lipids, and others).
- Turbidimetry: On-line and in-line measurement for different variables (solids, API concentration, and others)
- Ozone: On-line and in-line measurement of dissolved ozone in liquid and gas phases, for the production of ultrapure water and effluents.
- Process simulation: Development of process simulation software for various industries (pharmaceutical, wastewater, and others).
- Muzzio, C.R., Dini, N.G., Díaz, R.J. In-line measurement of sunflower oil color in the Lovibond scale using a low-cost robust device. 2014. Journal of Food Engineering, 120, 88–93 / Elsevier
- Díaz, R.J., Fernández Otero, G.C., Muzzio, C.R. Practical Application of Quality Risk Management to the Filling Process of Betamethasone Injections. 2011. Pharmaceutical Engineering, 31 (4) / ISPE
- Muzzio, C.R., Dini, N.G. Simulation of freezing step in vial lyophilization using finite element method. 2011. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 35, 2274-2283 / Elsevier
- Muzzio, C.R., Dini, N.G, Simionato, L.D. Determination of moisture content in lyophilized mannitol through intact glass vials using NIR micro-spectrometers. 2011. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 47 (2), 289-297 / Brazilian Society of Chemical Engineering.
- Cristian R. Muzzio, Martín A. Tomé, Rodolfo J. Díaz, Germán C.Fernández Otero, Pablo C. Campiutti, Héctor L. Cuevas, Nicolás G. Dini. In-line non-invasive turbidimetry as a tool to ensure content uniformity in the betamethasone filling process. 2015. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, In Press /